Friday 7 November 2014

Hela and Katie's after Half term Blog



Welcome Back

Maths

In Maths we are learning about Multiples. What do you think a Multiple is? A Multiple is a number that you get after multiplying a number by a certain amount


Try and work out these:

All the Multiples of 6:  1,6    2,3

All the Multiples of 12: 1,12    2,6      3,4                                                                                  



Literacy 



In Literacy we are learning about journalism. In journalism there always has to be a short and snappy title, a main body of text, a picture (photograph), a caption, sub title, orientation and re-orientation. It also needs to have the 5 fundamental questions ( who, what, where, when, why and how). It as well needs to be in the past tense too. We will now do an interview with writer of the week (Alissa):

Hela: Hello Alissa!

Alissa: Hi!

Katie: How do you feel being writer of the week for the first time?

Alissa: I feel proud of myself for writing a story about Perfume Particle!

Hela: Did you enjoy writing it?

Alissa: Yes I enjoyed it because it taught me how to use scientific language.

Hela and Katie: Thank you!!!



Big Write


In big write on Wednesday we were asked to write an exiting, creepy story. The story had to begin with the sentence "the moment I walked into that place, I knew there was something weird about it...." We had to use different sentence structures, complex and compound sentences, good words and connectives to write the story. We all had 45 minutes to complete it.  


OUR STAR OF THE WEEK IS:   DANIELLE

We will now interview her:


HELA: Hello Danielle 

Danielle: Hello

Hela: How do you feel about being star of the week?

Danielle: I feel that I deserve to be star of the week because I feel I have done really well this week!!!



                                                 Science



In science we did an experiment about Dissolving. Dissolving is when a solid is absorbed by a liquid.

                                                          Art



In art we are doing Aztec weaving. You need a strip of cardboard with jagged ends and some wool. Also we have been doing Aztec 

        Jokes




                       


 Knock, knock.

Who’s there?
Canoe.
Canoe who?
Canoe help me with my homework!



Knock, knock
Who’s there?
Iva.
Iva who?
I’ve a sore hand from knocking!


 Why did the cat go to Minnesota?
 To get a mini soda!


 Why did the cow cross the road?
 To get to the udder side.



By Katie and Hela








No comments:

Post a Comment